- Education and/or vocational training: In addition to their formal education, Happy Home girls receive vocational training on personal care services, cooking, and operating computers.
- Food, shelter, and clothing: From the basic needs’ perspective, ActionAid Bangladesh provides for all the basic needs of Happy Home girls, to ensure that they can focus on enhancing their livelihood skills.
- Awareness building: We support the development of Happy Home girls through awareness building that will help them become cognizant citizens.
- Music, dance lessons, cultural programs, recreational tours/field trips: Extracurricular activities are emphasized alongside formal education and vocational training, to help Happy Home girls engage in productive recreational activities.
- Medical care: Alongside their basic needs, ActionAid Bangladesh also provides for the medical care of these girls, which also includes psychosocial support.
- Job placement: With access to education and vocational training, our Happy Home girls can enter the competitive job market without having to face the predisposition that is otherwise faced by urban poor female young adults.
- Reintegration into community and/or families: All Happy Home activities are underlined with the understanding that Happy Home girls need to reintegrate into society. Even though the girls reside in the Home, they are thoroughly engaged with their respective communities.
Project Focus Area:
ActionAid Bangladesh aims to make sure Girl Child Rights and protection for those who are staying at Happy Home. Through ensuring basic needs and also empower them to reintegrate in the society with dignity and become future leaders. At Happy Home, we ensure safe and secure living conditions, healthy meals, proper hygiene, and sanitation along with life skills development, psychosocial counselling, and recreation. Once these girls are settled in the Home, we admit them in formal education. We also offer vocational skills development training, so that they can find their talent and passion towards a promising career later in life.